My friend, Stephanie, posted about baby names on her blog today and invited readers to respond with their own personal stories about why they named their children as they did. It's very interesting to hear how or why people pick names for their kids. So, I invite you to join us! Comment with your stories or post them on your blogs.
Here's why we picked the boys' names:
Connor - we like Irish names and one of the meanings for Connor is "much wanted," which if you know our story, he was indeed, much wanted!
Here's why we picked the boys' names:
Connor - we like Irish names and one of the meanings for Connor is "much wanted," which if you know our story, he was indeed, much wanted!
I like being able to use the single letters to label things for the boys - everything from sippy cups to their towel hooks. It's cute and it's convenient. Plus, the boys have been able to recognize their individual letters for quite some time, even though they can't recognize their names on things.
5 comments:
LOL - I was going to post a comment about my names, but it seems like I'm writing a book for a comment. I guess I'll put it on my blog instead. :-)
Great naming!
Funny thing you mention the initials -- monograms, etc. I never thought of the labeling thing when we chose two "I". It's not the prettiest letter for a monogram!
Since you have a "C" first and a "K" second, I recommend that you pick a name after the letter K, that way people can remember your kids' names easier...they'll know they are in abc order! It has helped us a lot! I always appreciate when people name their kids in a way that helps me remember their order...maybe I'm just getting old... :)
We named Zion "Bonita Zion" for a good reason that just further proves that Steve and I were meant to be together. When Steve was at the naval academy he fell in love with the name "Beautiful Zion" as a tribute to God's chosen people. My name Bonita means pretty, or beautiful in spanish and I had also promised to my mother and grandmother (they are named Bonita as well, I'm the third Bonita) that my first daughter's name would be Bonita to carry on the tradition. So when we were engaged and were talking about names of future children, he mentioned the "Beautiful Zion" name and I mentioned my promise. The two ideas were very similar, so we merged them and got our "Bonita Zion" (we call her Zion to distinguish her from the rest of us Bonitas) :-)
I honestly have to say that naming a child has been the most stressful part of the pregnancy so far. I will post something about this on my blog for you so I don't get too long winded. :o)
Post a Comment