Monday, June 24, 2013

Mini Mudder 2013

I love Alan for countless reasons, but one is definitely the fact that he is a FUN Daddy.  When he got an email at work about the Mini Mudder that the base was putting on for kids, he jumped all over it.  In spite of his busyness at work, he came home this evening for a few hours to make some muddy memories with the kiddos!  

Before the Mud
 On just the second obstacle, Keegan was breaking down, but he hung in there and had a great time!
 The "Chuck the Chicken" Obstacle

 Daddy rocked the rope crawl
 About mid-way through the 19 obstacles; everyone was having fun!

 Crossing the finish line


Mission MUD complete!  Reagan and I were the official cheerleaders.  The boys had a few hesitations throughout the course, but Zoë Kate never once complained till afterward when they were all cold and crusted with mud.  To be perfectly honest, I think Alan had more fun than the kids did, and after a good hot shower, he's back at work burning the midnight oil.  Yep, he's a pretty amazing Daddy!

Lots of praises and props to all the AF wives I saw on the course, too.  Not all of them wanted to run through the cold mud with their kids, but that's what you do when Daddy's deployed.  Those Mamas are amazing!

This Mama is off to do laundry...

No comments: