Wednesday, August 17, 2011

21 Months Old

Since our white chair is in a storage unit in ND, I had thought about delaying the quarterly post, but this will do:
21 months old: Sweet and Sassy.  We're working on that sassiness.  

Here are the latest updates on Miss Z:
  • She is Daddy's girl.  I mean head-over-heels for him and when he is gone, she is not her usual self!  Even when he is just at work she will ask for him.  
  • She hasn't added a ton of words to her vocabulary, but she enunciates better and she babbles with gusto.  Whole long conversations that I so wish I understood.
  • Speaking of long conversations that I can't understand, she loves to pray!  When I ask who wants to pray for our day each morning, she is usually the first to raise her hand and say, "Me!" Then she folds her hands, closes her eyes and prays her heart out.  The only words I ever understand are Mommy, Daddy and Amen, but I know God knows exactly what she is saying to Him!  Love it!
  • She has all her teeth now, except her two-year molars.
  • She still climbs everything, as is obvious from the photo.
  • She is still working on using the potty, but until we survive the looooong drive back up north, we are trying to keep her in diapers.
  • She loves to have a bow or barrette in her hair.  Hooray!  I guess she has realized that Mama is gonna do her hair each day, so she may as well go with it.  She can even wear a big girl ponytail now.  So cute!

No comments: