I have decided to start a recurring post about the benefits of homeschooling. This morning, sitting at the breakfast table I thought of several, but I will restrain myself and try to offer up just one at a time.
HS Benefit #1: Teaching our kids TRUTH. Getting to base their education on the Word of God!
We wrapped up Day 7 of Creation today. It's been fun teaching the boys all about how God made this world and how he intended for it to be before sin. And even though I have read Genesis countless times, God's word is alive and active! I have learned a few new things, too!
Like about Dinosaurs. Connor and I really enjoyed the Answers In Genesis lecture about dinosaurs. We learned all kinds of facts that I had never been taught (or absorbed) before. Like how before sin, God created everyone to eat fruits, vegetables and plants. It was after Adam and Eve sinned that the first sacrifice of an animal was made. God killed an animal to make clothing for Adam & Eve. Following that, the animals and peoples diets changed. And you know, lots of Christians explain away the dinosaurs by saying they missed the boat (as in Noah's ark). But they made the boat. After the flood, they became extinct, just like countless other types of animals and plants.
Okay, so I just couldn't help myself...
HS Benefit #2: Mommy and Daddy are learning new things too!
More to benefits to come...
1 comment:
Yeah for homeschooling benefits! We totally agree to benefits #1 and #2!!!!
Post a Comment