I read the following on my friend Cara's blog a while back and I just loved it. The way she expressed an appropriate response to this "seasonal life" we live struck a chord with me.
"I'm beginning to realize that seasons, though they change, don't mean I have to give up everything I had before or that I have to be afraid of what's to come. Seasonal life is so much more about being the the tree that gets stronger and grows wider, whose trunk grows with the seasons, providing new width and depth, than it is about being the leaves that start out strong but eventually just turn brown, fall off and never come back again."
I have certainly struggled a bit with all the "seasons" we've been through in under a year, as well as the anticipation of the ones to come. When considering my own "tree," some days I focus way too much on the withering leaves, rather than appreciating the growth and strength that is developed in more difficult seasons. Experiencing rough seasons provides opportunities to display grace, hope and strength which can only come from knowing Christ. Seizing those opportunities is the challenge. The tree and root system is a great analogy for our spiritual health. It's made me look at my roots and yearn to feed and water them with God's word, so my tree can weather all the seasons of this life and be an example for God's glory. How's your tree? Better yet, how are your roots?
"I'm beginning to realize that seasons, though they change, don't mean I have to give up everything I had before or that I have to be afraid of what's to come. Seasonal life is so much more about being the the tree that gets stronger and grows wider, whose trunk grows with the seasons, providing new width and depth, than it is about being the leaves that start out strong but eventually just turn brown, fall off and never come back again."
I have certainly struggled a bit with all the "seasons" we've been through in under a year, as well as the anticipation of the ones to come. When considering my own "tree," some days I focus way too much on the withering leaves, rather than appreciating the growth and strength that is developed in more difficult seasons. Experiencing rough seasons provides opportunities to display grace, hope and strength which can only come from knowing Christ. Seizing those opportunities is the challenge. The tree and root system is a great analogy for our spiritual health. It's made me look at my roots and yearn to feed and water them with God's word, so my tree can weather all the seasons of this life and be an example for God's glory. How's your tree? Better yet, how are your roots?
No comments:
Post a Comment