Saturday, May 5, 2012

End of the School Year

This week we celebrated the end of our first school year!  
Connor's officially done with Kindergarten!
 This week also wrapped up AWANA.  Connor completed his first book (with review, too) as a Spark and Keegan graduated from Cubbies.  He completed his second book and had a great time being in class with his buddy, L-Man.
 Wrapping up the year, we were busy with a variety of fun activities.  We had art class where we learned about Claude Monet and the kids painted their own versions of his classic waterlilies.
 Our homeschool group on base celebrated the end of the year with mini-golf and a bouncy house.

 And a surprise trip to the circus!  I managed a picture of the Mommies, but none of the 18 kids!  
 We also released the butterflies that we raised for our B/b/butterfly week of school.



The Lord blessed us with a great first year of school and we're so thrilled to be homeschooling!  Connor randomly said to me the other day, "Hey Mom, you know what I can do when I'm in first grade?" I was expecting him to tell me he could ride a school bus to school or something, but was delighted to hear him answer, "In first grade, I can do school at home again! I want to do school at home for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grades!"  Then Keegan piped up, "Me too!"

No comments: