Monday, June 25, 2012

7 Weeks Down...

We've officially got 7 weeks under our belt. I won't mention how many to go, but we're making headway. Since we've been out of the blogging world, let me journal back this deployment adventure.

We originally were told one date for Alan's departure. Then they bumped it back and we were elated. Then with only a couple weeks notice, they moved it forward again. It was a rough roller coaster. We missed out on family leave time he'd intended to take later and it was crummy. But that's life in the military. I was recently asked what superhero I'd be if I had to choose one. I said, "Elasta-girl cause the longer I am an AF wife, the more flexible I get." Or bent out of shape occasionally. But I digress... Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are some highlights from the beginning:

Telling the kids that Daddy was leaving. Bleh!

Having s'mores after our last dinner together since Daddy is missing firepit season in Almost Canada.
Giving the kids their Daddy Dolls at bedtime that night.

When Alan left, he was still stateside for a couple weeks, completing a combat training course. He actually had a blast! (Big surprise, right?! The man bleeds camo, I think. He's an amazing soldier.)
The best part of that scenario was that his travel plans, from training out west, to the east coast where he was leaving from, left him in Denver for a day. So what is a good, crazy AF wife to do? Take the baby and GO, of course!
Time together: 23 hours
Cost: $1,000
Miles Traveled: 1,500
One Last Date with my Beloved: PRICELESS!


 

No comments: