I know, I am behind on blogging, yet again. I really am treading water every day. Running on fumes. Life as a single mom is really hard. Especially when sleep, good.long.uninterrupted.sleep, is only a dream. A far off, 5 months away, dream.
Really quickly I wanted to share a blog post I read this past week. It is so well written. I especially love the line, "Sometimes a trip to the grocery store alone can feel like a day at the spa." So.True.
I also love the lines, "In fact, you should probably just adopt a, 'Don't ask, just tell,' policy with me," and "You don't have to pity me, but I want your empathy." I certainly do not write this post or share this article so you will feel sorry for our family or so you'll cook us food or babysit my littles. I write it because if you are reading this blog, you know me or other military wives and you might have asked one of us the very questions she answers. This article can provide you with insight and tangible solutions on how to bless a military wife you meet.
I also write this post to praise God for blessing me with a neighbor who has walked this road 6 times before me and happily tells me (no asking) she is coming to get the kids. Another neighbor who has walked this road 4 times and says dinner will be ready in an hour, so don't protest or bring a thing. Multiple families who sit with me or near me at church to wrangle children and hold babies. But all these people are also military...so...
What I Wish my Civilian Friends Knew: A Letter from a Military Wife

3 comments:
wow! Well written and brought tears to my eyes. Being a military wife and mom is a lonely job sometimes- so glad you have people that have your back! Hang in there and keep your eyes on the Lord! You are doing great~
I am ALWAYS praying for you Kelly, deployment or not. I am so very thankful for your faith and your witness, even during the trying times. You are a very special child of God and a REMARKABLE woman. If I were closer, I would try to do all of the things in that letter but since I am not, I will do what I do best: PRAY. Love & hugs to you dear friend.
Wow! So well written and extremely helpful! We will be praying for you. Too bad I don't live closer. Thank you for sharing this, Kelly!
Post a Comment